by Josh Blacksmith
2015-16 was a great year of continuing to build momentum at the CADM – new mission, new Board structure, new membership levels, new sponsorship opportunities, new programming and networking approach – AND A LOT OF NEW PEOPLE!
Ignition is still our mission for 2016-17. Our mission won’t change. As marketers, our jobs every day are to inspire others to take action.
It’s time to fan the flames. While our mission won’t change, our focus will be shifting over the next year. Now that the foundation has been laid, this is the year we tell our story.
We know we get out of the association what we put into it. And our Board is committed to ensuring this next year is amazing on all fronts. I encourage everyone with thoughts for the association to please feel free to reach out to me. It’s an exciting time for our industry and this association.
There’s a lot to be excited about:
- Basic members can get a sense for the association and then upgrade to premier to receive full benefits, including free access to all of our upcoming events. We’re in the middle of renewal season right – if you know of anyone with interest, send them our way!
- Premier members get into ten networking events for free now. I’m really excited about this. Tom Byrne is leading CADM Networking as part of the board, and I’m excited about some of the ideas I’m already hearing, including the potential to bring authors to some of our social events for book signings. Tom is working on the calendar for the next year and we hope to have that published this month.
- I’m really glad to have Rosann Bartle leading the Education Committee on the Board this year. We’re exploring new partnership programs that we believe will greatly enhance our education offering, and we will keep everyone posted as things progress.
- We are always looking for new ways to add value for our members throughout the year, and we’re committed to another great year of content through our adMarks newsletter, under the leadership of Andy Gold, and eNewsletters.
- The Tempo Awards continue to gain momentum – the event this year was incredible, and we’re already talking about 2017.
- Jean Ban has done a great job with Direct From The Heart over the last year and will be leading the committee again this next year. The idea of utilizing the unique talents of our membership to do something for the greater good was what initially drew me into the CADM. I’m excited to see how this initiative continues to grow over the next year.
So let’s get out there and spread the good word! It’s going to be an amazing year.