by Brad Schwab
CADM’s fiscal year comes to an end on July 31 and I am proud of what the 2015/2016 CADM Board of Directors accomplished. Our goal at the beginning of the year was to “Reignite the Passion” in CADM and though it was not easy we made great progress and built a strong foundation for growth next year.
- Adopted a new mission - Ignition Is Our Mission. As Chicago’s collaborative community for multichannel response marketers, CADM sparks ideas, business relationships and career growth.
- Modernized our membership structure and pricing – Premier Membership and Basic Membership.
- Hosted 10 Networking Events - Thank you to Ellen O’Byrne, Rui Wang, Josh Blacksmithand Pradeep Kumar in organizing the educational content/presenters and thank you to Glenda Sharp for managing the logistics and implementing our Social Sparks events.
- Hosted 2 Education Webinars – Thank you to Kathy Bucaro Zobens, Eduardo Dehesa Conde and Glenda Sharp for your help on launching this important initiative.
- Updated Corporate Sponsorship Packages which resulted in 2 New Sponsors – Uline and Luxury Daily joined Digital People as corporate sponsors. Thank you to Susan Kryl, Tracey Cymbal and Mickey Alam Khan for your leadership.
- Reignited Direct From The Heart – Thank you Jean Ban and Holly Harle for your leadership in reigniting CADM’s Direct From The Heart initiative that had laid dormant for a quite a few years. Under their leadership, CADM partnered with The Chicago Literacy Alliance and is providing expert speakers from our organization to help educate non-profits on multichannel response marketing. See cadm.org/help-cadm-give-back for the program proposal and other ways you may become involved.
- Honored Chicago’s Multichannel Response Marketing Professionals - Thank you to Susan Kryl for her leadership in re-establishing standards for 5 individual professional awards. It is great that we can honor professionals along with the marketing work at the Tempo Awards moving forward. See article on page 4 for more info.
- Hosted the Uline Basic Course - This “road show” was presented to Uline employees at their Pleasant Prairie, WI headquarters. Thank you to our Basic Course “Dean” – Tracey Cymbal – who is passing the baton to Rosann Bartle. Tracey, your years of dedicated leadership will not be forgotten.
- Delivered 10 issues of adMarks to our members – Thank you Andy Gold, Marilyn Markle, Glenda Sharp and the folks at Vision Integrated Graphics and Tribune Direct. Vision has printed adMarks for a number of years as an in-kind sponsor of CADM.
Thank You CADM Members
I want to thank the CADM Membership for your engagement this past year. Together we reignited the passion in CADM. We have a great group of professionals in this association and a number of you dedicated your time and your great ideas to help move us forward. I want to especially thank my Past President Susan Kryl and Vice President Josh Blacksmith for being outstanding partners and sounding boards for me. Also, big thanks to the CADM Board of Directors for your dedication, vision and time.
Renew Your CADM Membership
It’s a great time to be a part of CADM. If you haven’t already done so, please renew your membership today! You may handle this via cadm.org/membership, where you may renew online OR download an application to complete and return.
On a personal note, this is my last President’s Letter. Josh Blacksmith will become CADM President at the August 11 Annual Meeting. It has been an honor and a pleasure to have served as your President this past year and I look forward to seeing you at the Tempo Awards Gala on July 14, and the 61st Annual Meeting on August 11.